Leadership and Team Development Student Information
LOCATION - Survival Systems USA, Inc. 144 Tower Avenue Groton, CT 06340 USA
TIME - Classes are conducted from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please arrive by 7:45 am. Throughout the course, it is imperative that the trainees be on time as lack of punctuality could cause them to miss essential parts of the training. Trainees who are absent for any part of the program will not be issued a certificate until they have completed the entire course.
-Trainee must be 18 years of age at the time of training
-Survival Systems’ student registration and statement of health form. Click to Download.
-Trainees are expected to be in a good state of health and physically capable of fully taking part in all course activities.
CLOTHING - Classroom attire is business casual. What you need to bring:
- A bathing suit
- For Open-water Sea Survival Courses conducted December -March: warm clothing/cold weather gear (sweatpants, sweatshirts, wool socks, hats, mittens/gloves) some clothing available for student use.
PARKING/TRANSPORTATION - Free vehicle parking is available on-site (please use paved parking lot).Transportation from Survival Systems to the various open-water training sites will be provided.
MEALS - Trainees are responsible for obtaining their own lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. This time slot can vary depending on trainee numbers and scheduling factors. Complimentary coffee and water are available.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - For the safety of the trainee, other trainees in course and instructors, it is our policy that trainees consume NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS during scheduled course time (including lunch breaks). Trainees abusing this policy will not be allowed to complete the program and they, or their company, will be charged the full course fee.
JEWELRY - For students, all jewelry is specifically prohibited during any practical exercise session with the exception of wedding bands – Survival Systems strongly discourages all students from wearing wedding bands during any practical exercise session.
- Clients who cancel their registration more than five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled first day of training will incur no penalty for cancellation.
- Clients who cancel their registration within five (5) business days of the scheduled first day of training will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Clients who do not report for training will be billed at the full course fee.
TERMS OF PAYMENT - Course fees are based upon invoices being paid in thirty (30) days; therefore, all invoices are due and payable thirty (30) days from invoice date. Companies that fail to pay invoices when due will be subject to interest at the rate of 2 percent per month. These companies will be ineligible to register further students until invoices are paid and future registrations will be on a prepaid basis.
HOTEL – ACCOMMODATIONS - Within a short drive from our facility, these hotels offer special discounts to Survival Systems, USA, trainees. These hotels also match the Government rate of per-diem per night. Please contact the hotels by phone to make reservations. Make sure you mention that you are training with Survival Systems USA, Inc.
- Comfort Inn (860) 572-8531 | 48 Whitehall Ave., Mystic, CT 06355
- Groton Inn & Suites (800) 452-2191 | 99 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CT 06340
- Hampton Inn Mystic (860) 536-2536 | 6 Hendel Dr., Mystic, CT 06355
- Hilton Garden Inn (860) 445-6800 | 224 Gold Star Highway, Groton, CT 06340
- Hyatt Place (860) 536-9997 | 224 Greenmanville Ave., Mystic, CT 06355
- The Hilton Mystic (860) 572-0731 | 20 Coogan Boulevard, Mystic, CT 06355
- Residence Inn (860) 572-5150 | 40 Whitehall Ave., Mystic, CT 06355
- Spring Hill Suites (860) 439-0151 | 401 North Frontage Rd. Waterford, CT 06385
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO SURVIVAL SYSTEMS
-From the North (Providence, RI):Rt. 95 South, Exit 88, Left off exit onto Rt. 117, Follow to end, at “T” turn right onto US 1 South(Follow signs to Groton New London Airport), Turn left onto South Rd. which becomes Tower Ave., Survival Systems USA is at 144 Tower Avenue, a large blue building on the right almost directly across from the Airport Terminal.
-From the South (New Haven):Rt. 95 North, Exit 88, Right off exit onto Rt. 117, Follow to end, at “T” turn right onto US 1 South(Follow signs to Groton New London Airport), Turn left onto South Rd. which becomes Tower Ave, Survival Systems USA is at 144 Tower Avenue, a large blue building on the right almost directly across from the Airport Terminal.
-From the Northeast (Hartford):Rt. 2 East (South), Exit 19 – Rt. 11 South, Turn left onto Rt. 82 East (North) for a short distanceTurn right onto Rt. 85 South to Rt. 95 North, Take Exit 88, Right off exit onto Rt. 117Follow to end, at “T” turn right onto US 1 South (Follow signs to Groton New London Airport)Turn left onto South Rd. which becomes Tower Ave, Survival Systems USA is at 144 Tower Avenue,a large blue building on the right almost directly across from the Airport Terminal.
- BDL – Bradley International Airport (Hartford, CT)– 63 miles from Survival Systems Training
- PVD – T.F. Green Airport (Providence, RI)– 50 miles from Survival Systems Training
- GON – Groton – New London Airport (Groton, CT)– across the street from Survival Systems Training– 5,000-foot runway– Noise Abatement Procedures in effect
860-405-0002 * 888-386-5371
Survival Systems USA, Inc.
144 Tower Avenue Groton, CT 06340