Facility for Public Safety Dive Training...
Fuselage, Vehicle, Vessel Penetration & Victim Extraction
Is your department in need of a controlled environment to practice the foundational and advanced skills required for penetration diving, tending, line management, and victim extraction? The Survival Systems USA Groton Training Center houses an indoor training theater with an overhead lifting system and dive training simulator. All conveniently located halfway between NYC and Boston. Our facility is the only of its kind in New England and one of the locations used by FDNY personnel to conduct their dive team’s training.
- Use of facility qualifies for federal funding: Homeland Security Grant (HOM17)
- 100,000 gallons of heated fresh water
- Square well training tank 30' x 30' x 13' deep end | 10' x 30' x 4' shallow end
- Ample space for staging dive operations acres of parking area
- Unlimited onsite SCUBA fills and onsite temperature-controlled gear storage
Simulator & Theater Features:
- Usable simulator space of 15' x 7.5' x 6' (over 675 cubic feet)
- Replicate specific vessels, passenger vehicles, buses, and aircraft
- Choose from over 30 types of ingress/egress points of all shapes and sizes
- Reproduce final wreckage resting positions with 0 - 180 degrees of orientation
- Maximize use of time with quick scenario reset between each training iteration
- Add your departments radio/dispatch/calls for custom scenarios
- Instantly adjust level of scenario intensity from daylight to night and add inclement weather or severe storm conditions
- Fine-tune diver dexterity with push, pull, and mechanical type exits
- Familiarize divers with a variety of seat belts and seating configurations
- Simulate dive operation from set up to break-down
- Confined space penetration with multi-victim extraction for divers and tenders
- High angle entry, hoisting, and lowering ops from a platform 14' above the tank
Transform our facility to meet your training needs.
Fill out this form to get started with booking, inquire about pricing, or discuss preferred dates. Dates are booked on a first come, first serve basis.
860-405-0002 * 888-386-5371
Survival Systems USA, Inc.
144 Tower Avenue Groton, CT 06340