GWO Offshore Wind Limited Access
The Global Wind Organization’s Limited Access provides participants visiting onshore and offshore wind turbine environments with the skills to use personal protective equipment and to behave safely during their supervised visit. This module is for persons who infrequently participate in supervised visits to wind turbines. GWO certified through ENSA.
- Risks, hazards, and applicable legislation
- Fire awareness
- Medical emergencies
- PPE (personal protective equipment) and PFPE (Personal Fall Protection Equipment)
- Measures to prevent injury during training
- Safe and correct evacuation
- Safe conduct on installations, vessels, and turbines during normal operations and emergencies
- Cold shock, hypothermia, and drowning
- Individual and collective survival techniques at sea
- Advantages and limitations of personal LSA and PPE and usage
- Transfer of workers and equipment between the dock to vessel and the vessel to turbine foundation
- Evacuation from the turbine to water
Initial and Refresher: Seven (7) Hours | 1 Day
Survival Systems USA's Groton Training Center, CT
Participants must be a minimum of 18 years of age for full participation and certification. Participants under the age of 18 require parental consent.
Participants engage in rigorous activity and should be in a good state of health, physically capable of fully taking part in all course exercises. This program includes climbing up a ladder or tower, working at an elevated platform, and egressing from a height using rescue devices.
Students need work boots and a photo ID. We provide all other equipment.
Book training calendar seats on a first-come, first-served basis.
All participants who complete the full program in accordance with the learning and performance objectives receive a course completion certificate and GWO (WINDA) credit (24-mo expiry).
Basic safety modules: Wind Limited Access (WLA), GWO BST-1005 Program, Work at Height (WAH 1002), Manual Handling (MH 102), First Aid (FA 2002), Fire Awareness (FAW 101), Sea Survival (GWO SS), GWO Refreshers
Advanced modules: Enhanced First Aid (EFA), Advanced Rescue Training (ART-H) (ART-N)
Safety Training for Visitors
860-405-0002 * 888-386-5371
Survival Systems USA, Inc.
144 Tower Avenue Groton, CT 06340